As the smoke clears and the last embers of the bonfires cool, our thoughts turn to some of our favourite drams. We know that many of you also love smokey whiskies, so we’re devoting our next tasting to two of our favourite distilleries on Islay, the home of peated whisky.
We will be running two mini “vertical” tastings – comparing three different expressions from both Laphroaig and Lagavulin – and hearing a little of the history of the two distilleries.
- Laphroaig 10yo – the standard bottling; the base line
- Laphroaig 15yo
- Laphroaig 200th Anniversary Cairdeas
- Lagavulin 16yo – the standard bottling; the base line
- Lagavulin 200th Anniversary 8yo
- Lagavulin 1998 Distillers Edition – double matured before being finished in Pedro Ximénez casks
The tasting will be on Thursday 17th November at 7:30pm (for an 8pm start) in the back room of The Lord Nelson Inn on Trafalgar Street, close to Brighton Station.
We use Eventbrite to manage our bookings, but in order to keep costs down we use cash payments – the tasting will cost £20 per person on the night.