Winter is coming! Head into our princely and debauched town, and bask in the warm embrace of the Malt’n’Copper whisky tasting of the year!
Every year we try to out-do ourselves, and we’ve raised the bar once more to bring you these exquisite and seasonal malts:
- SMWS G4.2 Cameronbridge – a 28yo single grain in a hogshead refill, with notes of “Dunnage warehouses and a French polisher’s workshop – plus corn cobs, tobacco leaf, Manuka honey, candy floss, vanilla, chocolate-coated marshmallows, pineapple, and rum truffles” – and that’s just the nose!
- Nikka Yoichi 15yo, described by Jim Murray as “Sheer brilliance. An absolute must for anyone who regards himself a whisky connoisseur.” Elegant, complex, long, bold, and a benchmark for Japanese whiskies.
- Kilchoman Club Release, Second Edition – filled in October 2008 in eight fresh bourbon barrels carefully chosen by Anthony Wills and John MacLellan, and then finished in Oloroso butts. Just released, and only available to Kilchoman Club members – and you!
- Caol Ila 1984 Signatory . This 29 year old sherry-cask is quite different to most Caol Ilas, sherried or otherwise. Selected and bottled exclusively for The Whisky Exchange, this promises to be a real treat.
- Kavalan Fino sherry. The Taiwanese distillery’s Soloist that we blind-tasted in September was one of our surprises of the year, so we’ve stretched the budget to include the pinnacle of their early production. Matured in lighter Fino sherry casks, this cask-strength malt yields more fresh fruit than you might expect from a sherried whisky. Expect complexity, sweetness, and a very long finish. If you like Japanese whisky, you’ll love this!
We’ll also welcome you with a glass of home-made Atholl Brose (made by steeping oatmeal in whisky, and then folding in honey and cream) to warm your heart. As we’ve blown the budget on the whisky, we won’t be providing food, so please feel free to bring:
- A little seasonal food to share – cheese, mince pies, cake etc (something that will enhance the quality of the malts)
- A little extra cash for our raffle – for a chance of winning some great prizes!
Tickets will be £25 on the night.
In order to keep our sign-up process simple, and not lose too much money on this, we need to insist that anyone who we inform has a confirmed place must give us 3 days notice before the event if they wish to cancel.
Anyone who fails to inform us will still be expected to pay the £25, even if they don’t show up. In short: please respect the club, and give us plenty of notice if your circumstances change.
Alas, this tasting is now at capacity, and already has a long waiting list.
Apologies to anyone who didn’t get a place – they went incredibly quickly.
We’ve sent our emails to those of you who signed up, to say whether you’ve got a confirmed place or whether you’re on the waiting list…