Laphroaig – “the beautiful hollow by the broad bay” – is one of the best known distillers of peated whiskies.
We love their whisky so much, we’re devoting an entire night to it – and we’ve selected some of their most distinctive malts.
- Original Cask Strength / Batch 005. Special edition of their standard 10yo, bottled at cask strength, and non chill-filtered. This is our benchmark; the essence of Laphroaig. Add a drop of water to magnify.
- Quarter Cask. Less iodine than the standard 10yo.
- Triple Wood. From ex-bourbon casks, to the (smaller, C19-style) quarter casks of American oak, before finishing in Oloroso sherry European oak.
- An Cuan Mòr. The “big ocean” malt is matured in ex-bourbon barrels on the Atlantic coast, before being re-casked in European sherry casks. A sherried alternative to the standard Laphroaig.
- 18 Year Old / Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Edition. From a limited run of 3,000 bottles.
- 1998 Signatory. An independent bottling from a single, fine sherry cask.