Join us for a mid-summer celebration of European whiskies. We’ll take you on a tour of some of the most interesting and diverse whiskies the Union has to offer:
- Domaine des Hautes Glaces Les Moissons Organic Single Malt. This malt hails from the alpine region of south-eastern France, and is made from a mixture of organic barley from three harvests.
- Mackmyra Iskristall. From the “high ice” to the “ice crystal”. This is a really cool malt from Sweden, with interesting herbal notes. Winner of Best European Single Malt at last year’s World Whiskies Awards.
- Slyrs Bavarian Single Malt. A warmer, sweeter dram from Germany, and winner of Best European Single Malt (12 Years and Under) at last year’s World Whiskies Awards.
- Hammerhead 23yo 1989. The name derives from the hammer mill used to mill the barley for this malt from the Czech Republic. Hammerhead won the Best Czech Single Malt Whisky at this year’s World Whiskies Awards.
- Zuidam Millstone 100. 100% rye grain, 100% small pot still distillation, matured for 100 months in 100% new American oak barrels, then bottled at 100° proof.
- Ardbeg Dark Cove. And finally, as the sun has set, we head to Scotland for this year’s limited edition whisky for Ardbeg Day.
Coincidentally, we hear there’s another important poll taking place this evening — don’t forget to cast your vote beforehand! Then join us to vote for your favourite whisky of the night — much easier, and with less wide-reaching consequences!
The tasting is on Thursday 23rd June at 7:30pm (for an 8pm start) in the back room of The Lord Nelson Inn on Trafalgar Street, close to Brighton Station.
We use Eventbrite to manage our bookings, but in order to keep costs down we use cash payments – the tasting will cost £20 per person on the night.