A belated Happy New Year to you all! In our first tasting of 2018, we’re going to mix it up a bit, and show you how to revive the 19th century fashion for home whisky blending.
To get you in the spirit, we’ll begin with the finished product – three distinctive, ready-blended whiskies. We’ll then start over, and you’ll be given three single malts as ingredients to make your own blends.
The finished blends:
- Edinburgh Whisky Ltd’s The Surgeons Ball – a blend of peaty Highlands
- Wemyss Treacle Chest – a combination of two Highland single malts, and Dave Broom’s “affordable dram of the year”
- James Eadie’s Brand X – a blend of a dozen whiskies based on a 160 year old recipe
The single malt starting points:
- Clynelish 14yo
- Glenlivet 10yo Signatory #900254 – from a first-fill sherry butt
- SMWS 2.98 “Frothy cappuccino” – a 13yo Glenlivet
This fun and playful tasting will be on Thursday 8th February at 7:30pm (for an 8pm start) in the back room of The Lord Nelson Inn on Trafalgar Street, close to Brighton Station.
We use Eventbrite to manage our bookings, but in order to keep costs down we use cash payments. Tickets are £20 per person, in cash on the night.