As another winter solstice approaches, we’ve decided to reflect on tastings past, and to bring to light fresh ideas.
Our winter tastings are always the most decadent and the most fun: we sample the most refined whiskies, we bring food to share, and the raffle has fabulous prizes.
As is customary with our final tasting of the year, the tickets will be more expensive, but we make no apology for that; we’re including three bottles of 30+ year old whisky!
- Berry Bros Blue Hanger 11th Release. A premium blended malt to start the evening. This is a combination of eight casks, and features aromas of orange peel, vanilla, and peat smoke.
- Adelphi Highland Park 1986. We always welcome feedback and requests, and we were asked for this by one of our members. The spirit has spent 26 years in a refill bourbon cask.
- Caol Ila 1980 Barsac. A small batch release, matured in bourbon and sweet Barsac wine casks from Chateau Climens.
- Gordon & Co Pearls of Scotland: Invergordon 1972. A luscious 41 year old vintage single grain from this independent bottler. Another of your suggestions.
- Glenfarclas 30 year old. An absolute classic. Glenfarclas ages beautifully and this promises fantastic depth and richness.
- Kavalan Sherry. If you’ve still not tried Kavalan you’re in for a treat! We’ve had two Kavalans at previous tastings – and they’ve both been massive hits. This one was the Malt Manics “Supreme Winner (Premium)” in 2013, and “Best Rest of the World Single Malt” at the World Whiskies Awards in 2012.